Pre-trip planning

It is the night before departing on my 4-6 day journey to Hilton Head Island and the checklist has been checked (except for a few last minute details) and the excitment of leaving the dock has inspired this blog. After I get underway tomorrow I will try to describe the history of the Tiki and my thoughts and observations along the way. I am hopeful that my friend (and the boat's owner) will contribute as well. But for now I am going to doze off to the sounds and comfort of the dockside electicity powered air conditioning. It is July and quite hot here in Bridgeton, NC (New Bern) so the thought of dropping the anchor in some creek will be interesting. I do have a generator on this sailboat so I will not be without all creature comforts. OK, tomorrow is a big day, time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment