Day one was greeted with light breezes upon leaving the New Bern area heading down the Neuse River. Further down the river the wind picked up to 10-12kts and got up to 10.3 mph motorsailing. After turning the outboard off I was still hitting 7.5mph.


Great progress until hitting Adams Creek, bucking the tide and wind on the nose. I took advantage of the long straightaways and rigged my solar shower to hang between two halyards Took a quick shower and the wind even blew some water Ned's way. Searching for a spot to stop for the night led me to a place called The Tiki Bar... I had to anchor up there!


It was located at Town Creek Marina with a restaurant named Fishtales. Cool place with a quiet anchorage and a restaurant with an outdoor Tiki bar that had a great live musician that sang great songs about fishing and boating.
Checking the forecast tonight to see if I can head offshore in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment