I am a bad blogger: Friday AM continued.

Many issues have occurred that have distracted me from updating this blog. Suffice it to say, rain and mechanical problems trump bloging.

After visiting the ships store for my gas tank fitting only to find they didn't have one, I waited to purchase the daily ration of ice while I looked around outside. I figured why should I carry bags of frozen water around just to have them melt before their useful purpose was served like keeping my egg beaters and blueberries chilly. While I stood outside the store taking the view of the marina in, a man who overheard me inside asked me what I was looking for. At first I didn't recognize him as someone from inside and wondered if he was some kind of visionary or genie by the tone of his voice. I came to my senses upon realizing who he was and blurted out fuel line connector and he pointed me toward a marine service center on the property that may have the part... they didn't. Later as I contemplated his question I wondered what was I looking for... had I had my wits about me I probably would have said I was looking for what everyone else was, financial freedom, my soul mate, the perfect bloody mary, etc... but I didn't and I was left to wonder by myself and look for another genie.
After returning to the boat I fired up the idle-shy engine and retrieved the anchor. After a few stalls then engine and I made it out of the anchorage. With impending rain on the horizon I decided to put the canopy over the helm area. Unfortunately the rain was moving faster than it looked on the radar and I completed the task in a downpour. Then it got windy and rained harder. How does rain that big fly sideways? So after a good drenching I made it to the ICW and motored happy-ish along. I t6hougt of all of the good things about the rain to lift my spirits; and here is what I came up with: I didn't have to wash the boat, my solar shower wouldn't get to hot, Ned and the unnamed plant loved it, and I wouldn't get a sunburn. And that was the best thing that happened all day. To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. good morning jimbo enjoyed reading some of your stories. don't think I'll find any genies have to settle for a good bloody mary!( bacardi& coke) safe journey Derek

    ReplyDelete